Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Advice

To start out with - what a cute little baby bum, huh?

LOL - He cracks me up. Just trying to climb into the stroller. Love that boy!

On a different note - and not to get to personal and all... and I don't even know how many people read this blog..

BUT -

I need some advice. Just a quick question to all you nursing mothers out there...

How tired do you get from nursing? As soon as you stop, do you feel a burst of energy running through your veins?

And for those of you who don't "nurse" you can tell me what you think... if you did... or whatever.

Thanks :)

4 comments:

  1. I nursed Nicole for 4 months then my milk started slowing down. My doctor asked me if I wanted him to give me pills to get it going again and I said "no thanks":) I know some mothers love it and feel like it's bonding time and I did enjoy if for a little while but at four months I was done! I just wanted to be normal again:) I don't see myseft nursing for a year. Formula is expensive (I was paying $26 a can until my SIL told me to just buy parents choice which is half the price) but I love the convinence and that Chad could help me feed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nursed Hy for just over a year and it was draining. I literally gained 10 pounds within 3 weeks after quitting nursing (bad eating habits during nursing didn't help). Em is 8 months and I daily consider what to do. I think it is GREAT for the child- but my children get teeth early and I eat constantly. It's a personal decision and no one can make it for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My baby is 6 months old, and I'm still nursing him. He has 3 teeth now so sometimes we he bites down it can be a little uncomfortable, but it's better for him, and cheaper, so I keep doing it. I get really tired after nursing if I don't drink enough water during the day, or eat lots of junk food. I'm not sure if that's what you were looking for, but there are my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't say I got a burst of energy but I do have more energy. And I eat less which is nice for the budget, a little anyway.

    I heard once that a baby get 90% of the benefit of nursing in the first 6 months. And, isn't Sam about 11 months. You could probaby start milk soon. I started at 11 months with my kids and they're turing out fine :)

    ReplyDelete