Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bad and Good Good News

So - We have NEWS! 

The bad news: Jake is another victim of the bad economy. He got laid off yesterday. :( 

The good news: His employer offered him another similar job in Nacognoches Texas. 
You are thinking: WHERE IS THAT? We thought the same thing. 

Here it is: You can see Nacogdoches in the Center. Shereveport, Louisiana is close by (about an hour) and Dallas is northwest and Houston is southwest. 



Interesting huh? So we will be moving soon. I will finish school (the year, not the law degree) in May and move down. Jake will be back and forth after the end of March. It's going to be fun. His company will pay for us to move down there, and pay for us to go look for a place to live. It's going to be great. 

So law school - I'm going to apply as a visiting student at some universities down there and transfer the classes up to the U, so I will still be a graduate of the University of Utah! :) YEAH! The closest schools are pretty far away (about a 1 1/2 - 2 hours). So hopefully I can work out a schedule to only have to go two or three times a week.  

MORE GOOD NEWS! 
We are going to have a baby. Or babies. :) I'm due in October. I keep on telling everyone that I don't mind if I have twins, because that means I have to go through this morning sickness one less time. But I'm sure it's a pretty short-sighted comment. Twins would be much more difficult. So that will throw some interesting stuff in the mix with moving to eastern texas, trying to finish school, and have a baby. Good luck us! 

Talk to you all later! 
Steph 

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. We love texas! I am so happy about the baby. I can't believe you will have a baby and I won't be there. I miss you. do you know what you are having? I am proud of you for doing it all. Love you. write me soon so we can catch up. Hetal
    PS i told you that you would always get pregnant before me.
    Hetal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the baby, and your husband getting another job! Good luck with school too. Alex is done this semester and he is so excited. Are you going to the Jackie Chile's Law Dinner next Thursday? If you are, I'll see you there! --Kate

    ReplyDelete