Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's Been A While...

So it's been a LONG while since I last posted.... Here are some things that have happened!

* Jake and I were apart from each other for a long time. :( He would go to Nacogdoches for two weeks then come home for one week. So we saw each other for 2 weeks in between 6 weeks of being apart. It was totally stinky :( I recommend living with your spouse. Always. This is us after I got to Texas. We are happy!



* I finished my second year of law school. Despite throwing up WAY past my three months of being pregnant, I was somehow able to study just enough to be able to take my final exams and have a mock trial. And - my grades weren't as bad as I expected. I kept my mediocre class standing.... and didn't get any C's. (p.s. I haven't thrown up in a couple of weeks.... though it is still drug induced non-vomiting....) :)

* My family and ward each threw me an awesome baby shower. I'm usually not a huge fan of baby showers, but they are so helpful! I can't believe how generous people are. We have some awesome stuff for our little offspring! I now call he/she "Sam the Parasite." Sam works because it could be short for Samuel or Samantha. And I like the name Sam. And it is definitely a parasite. It makes me sick. It makes me hungry.... But I love it anyways. So don't think I'm not excited about my little parasite. I am. I promise. :)

* I turned 26! Yeah!

* The movers came (on my birthday) and packed up our whole apartment and moved our stuff down to Nacogdoches for us! It was so great they took care of almost everything (except for cleaning) and I didn't have to pack a box. :)

* My grandma Randall died on Mother's Day. She was really ready to go, but I still can't believe she's gone! She was a cool lady. I didn't get to go to the funeral though :(

* After a week of being out of school - I went back. I did a one week class, and now I'm paying to work at Lone Star Legal Aid. I get a bunch of credit, so that is good... but still. I'm paying through the.. anyways. :) This last week we went to prison. I almost met my first client - but they only allowed one person to talk to the prisoner at a time. :( So I stayed outside.

* I had an ultrasound and I could see my baby! I saw his/her face, arms, legs, four chambers of his/her heart, toes, etc! So the parasite lives on! I still can't really feel Sammy move yet, but since I feel nauseas then I'm sure he/she is still alive. :)

* We went to Nacogdoches Blueberry Days! It was a blast. :) Huge downtown stuff - you know, booths, large turkey legs on a stick, funnel cakes, a petting zoo, the works. We went a picked blueberries for $1.25 per pound. I thought we would get more, but I guess the bulk of them weren't ripe. So we have enough for some good stuff in the mean time. I made fresh blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Wow. Yummers! I think I'm going to start liking blueberries.

This is a picture of the blueberry patch. We are going back in two weeks when more are ripe and we are going to pick a million berries. A million.



* I'm 5 months now. 5 months having something alien living inside me. Isn't that so weird. Hopefully Sammy rocks - then I'll have more kids. Because this "bearing a child" is super weird. I'm sure it's all worth it in the end. People do it all the time. Multiple times. There's got to be something to it.

1 comment:

  1. Is that stubble on Jake's face? What happened while you were gone? :)

    Glad you finally posted. I've been waiting. And I'm jealous of the blueberry patch. Don't you like blueberries? I thought you did.

    Can't wait to see you little baby. Sam's a cute name. You should keep it, boy or girl. And I agreee with the alien thing. They even look like an alien in the first ultrasounds. Good thing they're cuter when they come out.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete