Sunday, August 30, 2009

BABYMOON!

So Jake and I went on a "BABYMOON!" Our last vacation together before Sammy comes. :) 

I planned it and dragged Jake along. I also realized that a lot of places hate pregnant women. Amusement Parks aren't really "down" with pregnant women on their rides. We can't float down a river because I'm pregnant. etc. So.... we had to resort to other entertainment.... 

FIRST, we went down to Galveston. It was hammered with hurricane Ike, and it looks like it's still trying to recover. We were only at the beach for about 2 hours, but we both got BURNED to a crisp! 

I couldn't believe it! I'll have a tan line from that day for years to 
come! Seriously! 

7 month pregnant women

              + 

  bad sunburn

=

     VERY UNCOMFORTABLE PERSON!

But look at our cute feet. :) It was fun, despite being burned so bad.... 




After Galveston, we headed over to San Antonio. We walked along the "riverwalk" and had some great Mexican food. The next day we went to "SEA WORLD SAN ANTONIO" (say it with a Hispanic accent) 

It was amazing! I thought it was just going to be an expensive zoo, but it was so cool! I can't wait to take Sammy back where he can see what's going on - not just experience it from the inside! :) 

The killer whale show (a.k.a. Shamoo) was awesome. The whales did a complete back flip in the air. Wow! It was awesome. Obviously, they got us SOAKING wet, which was really nice because it was hot there.... 

And Sea World had some really cool rides - again, they hate pregnant women, so I just watched Jake go on them... This one was awesome. I tried to make him go on it three times. Once for himself, once for me, and once for Sammy. He could only do it twice. It made him sick... So I guess Sammy will have to go himself one day. 


And this was a show with some seals and a walrus. It was really cute. Everyone should really visit Sea World. It's so much fun.. 


But we left Sea World and drove to Austin then. We were both SO TIRED! We barely even enjoyed Austin before we were ready to come back home and sleep! Austin was very pretty, and I told Jake he should think about going to the University of Texas for some type of master's program. But we drove back home - both very tired and ready to go to sleep... but it was a great Babymoon! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment