Sunday, August 30, 2009

Preparing for SAMMY!

So I have been a super lazy blogger lately. Sorry! I'll blame it on being pregnant, tired, and busy. 

But we have been preparing for our little Sammy to come. :) 

Here was our first purchase. :) 



Yeah! We are officially SUV owners. :) It's a 97 4-Runner. It's old, but it runs well, and we will definitely have enough room for Sammy and all his stuff.... AND my stuff. 

Whenever we would drive around in it, he would show me ALL of the trailers that we could pull with our new purchase. He's really excited. I'm not sure when we are going to ge
t a trailer, but I'm sure it will be as soon as we have a place to put it (a.k.a. buy a house). 

Well, the first thing we were able to USE our new 4-Runner for was this! 



It's a super ugly dresser we got for $25 at a yard sale.... Sammy needs a place to keep his clothes! So we cleaned it up, Jake got new tools (he was so excited) and we refinished it. :) And here it what it looks like! 

Oops - never mind. I guess I didn't take an after picture. But it's much much mo
re beautiful! We refinished it with maple or something - it's beautiful and nice. 

We also got a pack and play for Sammy to sleep in. I hope he loves it. :) The thing on the left is a "newborn napper" so Sammy can sleep in it when he's all little. Then the thing on the left is the changing station. Then underneath there is a mattress pad which can raise and lower, so he can sleep on it. When he's all little we can have it high because he won't be trying to climb out, then lower it when he's bigger so he can't climb out... So I hope he likes it. :) 



And finally - here's an old picture of me pregnant. I think I was about 4 months along here. I'll try and update the blog with a new picture, but we will see... :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment