Friday, November 5, 2010

One of our favorites

Blogger isn't letting me add any of Sam's cute halloween pictures. And they are way cute. :) I'll try to add them later on a school computer. :)

Anyways, here's an awesome recipe. It really tastes like PF Chang's lettuce wraps. Yummo!

Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps

1 1/4 lb of extra lean ground turkey
1 package (16 oz/of Oriental mixed vegetables, thawed
1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
3 tablespoon creamy peanutbutter
2 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
4 green onions, chopped
10 Boston lettuce leaves

1. cook turkey in skillet until no longer pink.
2. chop veggies and put in pan.
3. Mix teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, gingerroot, garlic, and oil and then put in pan with meat and veggies.
4. Heat through
5. Add onions.
6. EAT with lettuce.

(I didn't add the sesame oil or green onions and I used regular lettuce leaves.) AWESOME. :) Worth it to buy all those ingredients we don't use regularly (hoisin sauce, teriyaki sauce, gingerroot, etc.)

Let me know what you think if you try it.

Oh - and it was enough for us for dinner and we have leftovers. It was more filling than we planned on!

1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy! I'll have to try it next week. Thanks for sending me the link to your blog!

    ReplyDelete